Navy Chaplain Corps Vision Statement: Mission-ready Sailors, Marines and their families, demonstrating spiritual, moral and ethical maturity, supported by the innovative delivery of religious ministry and compassionate pastoral care.
Chaplain spiritual support services promote gratifying connections with others, healthy lifestyle choices, and the stamina to overcome challenges associated with a major life change.
The Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor chaplain coordinates resources and develops programs that strengthen, motivate, and reinforce spiritual maturity among seriously wounded, ill, and injured Sailors and Coast Guardsmen, as well as their families. The chaplain also provides support to Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor personnel, many of whom work very closely with wounded warriors on a daily basis. Chaplain services include:
- Advising commanders and staff regarding the standards for delivery of religious ministry support to Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor enrollees and their families
- Partnering with local chaplains to provide support to Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor enrollees and their families
- Conducting site visits with Non-medical Care Managers at Military Treatment Facilities throughout the country
- Coordinating with chaplain leadership to continue increasing awareness of Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor throughout the fleet
- Orchestrating a ministry of presence at Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor headquarters and providing confidential counseling to the staff
- Identifying and providing training programs for Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor staff to combat the effects of compassion fatigue and burnout
- Working with community partners to increase support for wounded warriors
Should service members or their families need to speak with a chaplain, they should contact the ChaplainCare toll-free number for spiritual/pastoral services. Dial 1-877-4-1-TOUCH (86824), press option 2, and then option 2 again, and you will be directed to a chaplain for immediate assistance.
- Access ChaplainCare for daily devotions, self-help resources, useful links, information on CREDO retreats and other spiritual/pastoral information.
- Have you received new orders? Are you looking at an upcoming change in status? If so, and you currently are receiving mental health care, check out InTransition.
- Visit afterdeployment.org for various wellness resources for service members and their families.
- The Real Warriors Campaign supports resiliency-building, recovery, and the reintegration of returning service members and their families.
- Learn about the Navy Reserve’s Psychological Health Outreach Program and access resources in your area.